Students are the most important part of any society; rather it would not be wrong to say that they are the building blocks of a society. Student life is always symbolized as the most exciting part of one’s life. Often people romanticize student life and describe it as the most exciting part of their life, which is true. Life at campus is full of so much of happenings, like exams, social gatherings, class presentations, performance pressure, competition, field trips, relationships and much more. Everyone has right to make best out of his/ her student life and make it pleasantly memorable. This can be done by achieving and maintaining physical and mental health and creating a fine balance in life. In order to help the students in their aspiring journeys, GCU has established counseling services, named as “Campus Counseling Services”. This service helps student to overcome their personal, academic and social problems and to flourish in life.
The aims and objectives of counseling services are:
· To facilitate the personal, academic, and social and growth of students.
· To assist the students in better understanding and utilization of their individual potential.
· To help the student explore and highlight their individually unique competence.
· To help the students enhance their decision making abilities.
· To equip the students with skills to meet up with the variety of challenges in life.